WSI - ExFranchisees

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Before Signing on the dotted line

Before you sign on the dotted line, there are important things you should know about how franchises are regulated. Taking the time now to figure it out could save you time and money later.

Do I need a lawyer?

As a prospective franchisee, what kind of legal documentation am I entitled to?

Will the FTC review the disclosure document to make sure I'm protected?

What in particular should I look for in the disclosure document or UFOC?

Are disclosure documents available for review by the public?

Why doesn't the FTC just adopt the UFOC?

Is there a central law that governs the relationship between franchisers and franchisees?

How do I find out what my state's rules are?

How do I find out whether a particular franchiser has a complaint against it?

I think I'm being treated unfairly by my franchiser. What should I do?

What should I do if I've reached an impasse?


Where do I find a lawyer who specializes in franchise law?

source: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4621,315252,00.html

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home